Director of Strategy
Method Savvy is a growing marketing consultancy that works with ambitious leaders to create meaningful connections between great companies and their customers. Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC we employ a diverse team of business strategists, creative thinkers, marketing professionals, data analysts and client service experts. Our organizational culture is open, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, fun and accountable. Wins are celebrated, and performance is measured.
The Director of Strategy is a highly collaborative and team-oriented individual that guides the development and execution of strategic programs for B2B and eCommerce brands. This person will utilize Method Savvy’s five phase methodology in conjunction with other appropriate business frameworks to diagnose problems, explore solutions and set the vision for success. The Director of Strategy will work in collaboration with Method Savvy’s teams of subject matter experts, marketing leaders, creative visionaries and client service professionals to breathe life into the vision, executing in line with the strategy and clearly articulated business goals. This individual will also have responsibility for working with the Marketing Operations and Client Services teams to compellingly communicate the strategic and tactical story to clients on an ongoing basis.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize and drive accountability around Method Savvy’s five phase methodology to combine empathy with data to create unique views on the problem statement, document customer personas and needs, highlight opportunity areas and define solution territories.
- Lead discovery, insights and strategy workshops with internal and client teams.
- Partner with the Client Services team to act as the “lead consultant” on priority client relationships.
- Collaborate and build consensus with clients on business vision and marketing strategy.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Operations team and to translate business strategy into tactical plans and outputs.
- Own the creation of audit reports and strategic plan presentations in collaboration with the Client Services and Marketing Operations teams.
- Craft compelling presentations that effectively deliver a strategic point of view, those that are equal parts artful inspiration and scientific discipline
- Demonstrative understanding of, and experience with, omni channel marketing strategies and tactics.
- 10+ years related work experience in marketing and business strategy.
- Experience in a consulting or agency professional service environment strongly preferred.
- Highly team oriented and comfortable in working cross-functionally among a range of subject matter expertise disciplines.
- Comfortable with change and disruption.
- Proven ability to communicate and work collaboratively across various marketing, operations and client service functions.
- Demonstrated effectiveness developing strong relationships with senior management as well as communicating upward.
- Experience and ability to influence all levels of leadership with confidence.
- Active listener and persuasive storyteller.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree required, graduate level degree preferred with a marketing or business emphasis/major.
- Proven experience in working with B2B and/or ecommerce companies to grow and navigate marketing transformation.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office complete with a foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.