Method Savvy is a growing marketing consultancy that works with ambitious leaders to create meaningful connections between great companies and their customers. Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC we employ a diverse team of business strategists, creative thinkers, marketing professionals, data analysts and client service experts. Our organizational culture is open, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, fun and accountable. Wins are celebrated, and performance is measured.
A strong and confident decision-maker, this role is best filled by a candidate who is equal parts architect and air traffic controller. This position will structure and oversee workflow to bring agency and client visions to life as well as make decisions around functional project team members. If organization is your forte and you live to create efficiencies and streamline processes, this is the job for you. At Method Savvy, Project Managers are the hub that ensures that multiple projects and deliverables are mapped to scope, met on time, delivered within budget, and exceed expectations. The role requires a self-starting, process-driven, problem solver with subject matter expertise in delivering website, landing pages, and email templates. The ideal candidate is: iIncredibly skilled at both micro and macro thinking,
- making sure the big picture is in focus while not missing tiny details,
- a strong support in managing team resources,
- capable at sequencing communication as projects advance,
- an efficient translator of complex information into actionable plans.
We're looking for someone with a wide variety of skills to bring to the table, who is comfortable with an ever-changing priority list and can self-direct their own workflow along with a team.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with account, creative, strategy and marketing departments to clarify project objectives, plan out a delivery approach and develop a detailed project plan that outlines a clear set of deliverables and project activities.
- Utilize Wrike (PM Software) to create project schedules and assignments, as well as traffic work.
- Define and communicate project milestones.
- Lead day-to-day management of projects; be the go-between to account & operations divisions.
- Assess internal resource allocations to ensure availability and capacity.
- Schedule, prepare for, and ensure internal meetings related to the project are held, notes taken including outcomes and next steps, Wrike updated, and time tracked.
- Ensure deliverables are being met in alignment with objectives, schedule, and budget.
- Proactively inform the project team and creatively solve problems related to timing, resources and budgets.
- Support account management in monitoring scope compliance. As scope changes, help the team define the impacts and options.
- Attend client status calls, client creative reviews, project sync-ups, pre-bid and post-bid meets as-needed.
- Select the team members and clarify the duties, roles and functions of team members between both prospective competing team members and their Resource Managers.
- Give clear and unbiased assessment of the movement and nature of projects in relations to production time, cost and expenses.
- Carry out constant evaluation and adjustment within a specific period of time to ensure that both internal and external factors do not suffer.
- Maintain direct and open interaction with the Project Management Department, Department Directors and the Sponsors to make sure all resources needed for the project are available and also consider the negotiation of amendments to project plans to achieve best offers.
- Analyze risk and establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action.
- Facilitate post-mortem review sessions to capture lessons learned from projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of project management experience with integrated marketing or advertising projects, preferably at a digital agency.
- Experience in/working knowledge of a combination of the following areas: web design and coding (Wordpress, or other templated platform), social media mgmt, e-mail marketing, content management, brand identity development, planning and executing campaigns, and SEO/analytics reporting.
- An extraordinarily high attention to detail.
- Innate curiosity and aptitude with the ability to see the big picture as well as be hands on.
- Comfortable keeping your own workload prioritized, organized and balanced.
- Flexible, innovative, and committed to immediate client needs and the successful completion of assignments.
- Strong communicator verbally, visually and in writing - you know how to get a message across • are a natural problem solver - if you don't know how to do something, you know how to identify appropriate resources to find a solution.
- Fast learner and confident decision maker.
- Exhibit good leadership skills by carrying everyone along without bias.
- Be highly focused in order to stick to the objectives and goals of the company without giving in to undue distractions and challenges.
- Exhibit good motivational skills to bring out the best in team members.
- Good crisis management skills to handle pressure from project challenges.
- Good temperament.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office complete with a foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.