Method Savvy is a growing marketing consultancy that works with ambitious leaders to create meaningful connections between great companies and their customers. Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC we employ a diverse team of business strategists, creative thinkers, marketing professionals, data analysts and client service experts. Our organizational culture is open, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, fun and accountable. Wins are celebrated and performance is measured.
With brand at our core, we create holistic experiences that help companies create greater value. We work in partnership with our clients in a highly collaborative way; one that favors experimentation, curiosity and big thinking.
If you are a focused leader, who has a crystal clear strategic vision of where brands needs to be, and the adeptness, experience, and design craftsmanship to take it there, Method Savvy might be the place for you. This is a hands-on position and reports directly to the VP of Brand + Creative Strategy.
*This team is specifically looking for a rockstar with an eye for fresh design thinking. This digital native must have a range of work spanning site experiences to digital activations. Concepting experience is a plus, but candidates should have an expertise in digital-first design.**
Major areas of responsibility include, but not limited to:
- Lead, develop and manage the Method Savvy creative development while producing the highest level of work on client business under the direction of the VP of Brand + Creative Strategy.
- Ensure the work that Method Savvy delivers is driven by strategy and addresses the requirements of the business needs.
- Lead/work across disciplines in brand identity, design, video and all digital mediums.
- Manage multiple engagements and effectively juggle priorities while overseeing creative product.
- Meet/exceed the client’s objectives as well as the consultancy’s standards.
- Support the VP and the Client Services teams in building stronger client relationships.
Essential Functions & Outputs
Participate as a key Creative Lead on client business in conjunction with Client Services, Strategy and Technology:
- Deliver work that exceeds client expectations, and ensuring that it delivers on all the client objectives (business, fiscal, and deadlines) while enhancing the reputation of the consultancy.
- Work with team members to clarify scope, schedules, budgets and resource issues.
- Work closely with the VP to clarify the strategic approach and communications objectives to ensure that the creative solutions support the strategy.
- Provide direct supervision to team members and work collaboratively with the VP to develop and maintain Method Savvy’s creative process and workflow standards in order to improve efficiency and optimize profitability – while delivering outstanding creative.
- Develop and lead original concepts based on the objectives and parameters outlined in the creative brief (strategic, financial, and timeline), while continually striving to enhance the quality of the work we deliver to our clients.
- Present the work to clients in conjunction with other discipline team members.
- Participate in the development of new business presentations and case studies, as needed and directed by VP of Brand.
- The design and conceptual skills to not only represent work but to create it.
- Excellent and innovative presentation skills.
- 7+ years of Senior Level Design experience with proven abilities in design, conceptual thinking, strategy and creative problem solving.
- A broad array of expertise in brand identity, digital display, social media, interactive design, video/motion graphics, environment/retail design.
- Confident leadership with solid experience managing creative teams and a variety of freelance consultants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Design thinker with a clear understanding of branding, digital marketing, campaigns and business strategies.
- Ability to manage budgets, resources and timelines for multiple projects running simultaneously while meeting profit goals.
- The talent and experience to develop compelling creative solutions on complex, multi-dimensional projects in fast-paced deadline-oriented environments.
- Demonstrated award-wining creative and best practices leadership ability.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills and the ability to articulate strategic creative solutions to high-level clients, including the C-Suite.
- Sophisticated strategic analysis and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of creative methodology and design thinking.
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tangible project deliverables.
- Outstanding ability to build solid relationships with internal Client Services, Strategy and Technology leads; strong interpersonal skills (open, friendly, patient, pragmatic and supportive attitude).
- Experience managing remote and freelance teams.
- Contributing team member and team builder.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or Interactive Design.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits with company matching.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office complete with a foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.