Director of Marketing
Method Savvy is a growing marketing consultancy that works with ambitious leaders to create meaningful connections between great companies and their customers. Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC we employ a diverse team of business strategists, creative thinkers, marketing professionals, data analysts and client service experts. Our organizational culture is open, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, fun and accountable. Wins are celebrated, and performance is measured.
The Director of Marketing provides cross-channel marketing leadership for Method Savvy’s high-growth client campaigns. The role is responsible for day-to-day program and strategy integration across paid, owned and earned channels; working with internal and client teams to deliver impactful brand communications and customer experiences that deliver business results.
The Director of Marketing position oversees the strategy, planning and execution for integrated marketing programs and campaigns. The ideal candidate will be a marketing professional — with strong experience in marketing technology and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization; including brand and creative strategy, business strategy, client services and delivery. The candidate will have a deep understanding of integrated marketing and sales enablement, including channel and client outreach, client journey development, account-based marketing, and client research.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as marketing adviser to key stakeholders in multiple industries, including B2B and e-commerce.
- Plan and manage budgets for innovative marketing programs that are engineered to produce measurable results across appropriate customer touchpoints.
- Partner with clients and internal team members to develop metrics and KPIs to measure success.
- Collaborate with Method Savvy’s cross-functional team to budget, build, deploy and optimize client marketing programs.
- Drive growth and better integration across a multi-functional team in order to achieve client business objectives.
- Lead workshops and consult directly with clients to identify core business objectives, elevate marketing thinking and operationalize campaign execution at scale.
- Build, lead and professionally develop a team of Marketing Coordinators, Marketing Managers and key vendors to successfully support and implement marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on technology-driven activations including but not limited to marketing automation and account-based marketing.
- Teach and help clients build a test and learn capability, from design and customer experience to scaling and insight application.
- Minimum 7 years of marketing experience, including a leadership role.
- Prior professional services, consulting or agency experience preferred.
- Strong demand generation skills with a customer-centric mentality.
- High level of comfort with fluid priorities; ability to manage multiple and complex priorities.
- A demonstrated track record of driving business value through marketing strategies.
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing and client strategies to provide measurable results.
- Strong client-facing or internal consulting experience with a history of relationship building.
- Comfort in translating business insight into marketing and experience plans.
- Proven experiences in leading marketing teams and cross-functional initiatives.
- Active listener and persuasive storyteller.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits with company matching.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office complete with a foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.