Method Savvy is an ambitious and growing marketing agency that accelerates the growth of mid-market and enterprise brands through scalable demand generation and customer lifecycle management programs. Our mission is to help good people build great companies by aligning strategic marketing investments to business-level outcomes. Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC we employ a diverse team of business strategists, creative thinkers, marketing professionals, data analysts, sales representatives and account management experts. Our organizational culture is open, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, fun, and accountable. Wins are celebrated, performance is measured, and chronic non-performers are redeployed.
The Graphic Designer is passionate problem-solver who enjoys turning abstract technical and business concepts into innovative, strategy-driven visual stories. With a willingness to push creative limits, the Graphic Designer works with Method Savvy’s creative and project teams to deliver superior interactive, traditional and brand-integrated designs to a global audience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Designer is expected to take direction on projects ranging from the programmatic fulfillment of a predetermined set of requirements within established boundaries, as well as create from original thought based upon input from the client and Creative Director to whom they report. The Designer is expected to manage their time and communicate openly and consistently with the Creative Director about job completion concerns, as well as to participate in team discussions about departmental operation, workload, and expectations. Additionally, the Designer will:
- Create modern, inspiring and unexpected visual designs that solve real-world business problems.
- Participate with conceptual brainstorming and visual explorations that include mood broads, drawings, sketches and ongoing dialogue with the creative, account and project teams.
- Lead design on new traditional and web projects from concept to execution and launch.
- Help evolve the visual expression of client brands by experimenting with new ideas and visuals.
- Support co-designers by providing honest and constructive design feedback.
- Stay abreast of current design trends and technologies to inform work and inspire the creative team.
- Participate in strategic briefings, prepare materials and discussion points for creative sessions, and create engaging presentations.
- Ground and substantiate your work through data and strategic thinking.
The Graphic Designer is a passionate creative who lives and breathes problem solving. With an innate understanding of the balance between innovative thinking, business strategy and client expectations the Graphic Design can translate complex concepts into impactful, clearly communicated visual brand experiences.
Additional requirements include:
- An exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative original design solutions and visual storytelling.
- A passion for clean, functional, impactful and contemporary design.
- A strong understanding of brand and grid systems, composition, and color, with a keen eye for typography and photography.
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven ability to articulate design concepts effectively to both internal and external audiences.
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative best practices. Experience with new platforms and technologies for the digital channel (e.g. Flash, Flex, Ajax, etc.) and related media is a strong plus.
- 2+ years experience with a design studio, advertising agency or corporate design group.
- Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Flexible, innovative, and committed to the successful completion of assignments.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office complete with a foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.