Method Savvy is an ambitious and growing marketing agency that accelerates the growth of mid-market and enterprise brands through scalable demand generation and customer lifecycle management programs. Our mission is to help good people build great companies by aligning strategic marketing investments to business-level outcomes. Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC we employ a diverse team of business strategists, creative thinkers, marketing professionals, data analysts, sales representatives and account management experts. Our organizational culture is open, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, fun and accountable. Wins are celebrated, performance is measured and chronic non-performers are redeployed.
The Creative Director is a highly charismatic visionary who works with internal agency teams and external client stakeholders to lead discovery and workshops as well as identify, formulate, and pursue paths forward toward business objectives. This person recruits and develops best-in-class teams to envision, understand, and execute creative solutions and outputs that effectively respond to clients' business needs and goals. They are passionate about delivering seamless and superior creative work to Method Savvy's growth-stage and enterprise-class clients.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Define Method Savvy’s creative approach, develop processes, systems, and methodologies to get clients to where they need to be in consultation. This CD leads the process, conducts discovery meetings and workshops.
- For the creative team, be the beacon of understanding of the client’s business, brand, product, and customers as related to creative output. This includes conducting discovery meetings with clients, preparing relevant questions, providing analysis from the creative point of view including the identification opportunities to be pursued, and being part of the strategy team.
- Serve as the lead/overseer in the conception, design, and creation phases of creative output.
- Earn the position of being the arbiter of what is good, right, and final to show the client.
- Manage growth of creative team members through performance evaluations, coaching, teaching, and championing personal educational opportunities to be pursued by team members.
- Be the company’s consensus builder with clients. This is executed in the preparation for the presentation, and during the presentation, as well. Being able to successfully sell ideas is a critical skill.
- Provide clear creative direction and helpful feedback in order to improve creative processes, as well as to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Continually inspire teams to generate new ideas and evolve existing programs.
- Deploy resources in the most efficient way possible and identify freelance and permanent recruitment needs.
- An inherent belief system about how creative solves business problems, and the existing tools and charisma to bring that to life.
- Proven ability to understand and deliver on expectations known, and understood business objectives brought by the client, as well as help to form them.
- Understanding that creative is as much a business function as one of design.
- Proven ability to lead complex creative projects by maximizing the productivity of creative teams.
- Design experience and knowledge a strong plus.
- Innate curiosity and desire to understand the root cause with the ability to see the big picture.
- Hands-on experience with traditional and interactive communications, including website design, online advertising, and email marketing. Digital experience, and lots of it.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills with proven business acumen.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally.
- 7+ years of experience in business-focused Creative Direction, either in-house or agency, in an advertising or marketing capacity.
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative best practices. Experience with new platforms and technologies for the digital channel (e.g. Flash, Flex, Ajax, etc.) and related media is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with Apple’s iWork programs preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- An extraordinarily high attention to detail.
- Flexible, innovative, and committed to the successful completion of assignments.
- Professionally active and networker – leader in the creative space.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office complete with a foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.